TOP 10 BEST ISLANDS
IN THE U.S.
Travel + Leisure 2016
TOP 5 ISLANDS
Plan Your Trip
Get Started Now!
Quick links to help you plan your perfect trip
Getting here is half the fun and there are so many easy options to choose from:
- Washington State Ferries: A leisurely ride on a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes gives you a taste of the archipelago's beauty, with a choice of stops at four islands—Lopez, Orcas, Shaw or San Juan. You can now make a reservation at www.takeaferry.com. Ferries will accommodate cars as well as walk-on passengers.
- Seasonal Passenger Ferries: From Seattle's waterfront, Port Townsend or Bellingham, hop onto the San Juan Clipper, Puget Sound Express, or San Juan Cruises (respectively) for a day or overnight trip to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island.
- Air Travel: Fly from Seattle or SeaTac International Airport on a Kenmore Air seaplane or wheeled-plane, or take a regional flight.
- Car Rental: Rent a car at SeaTac and drive to the Washington State Ferry terminal in Anacortes.
- Airport Shuttles: Take an Airporter Shuttle from SeaTac to the Washington State Ferry terminal in Anacortes.
- Visitor Information Centers: When you arrive in the islands, stop in at the Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Island Chambers of Commerce for maps, brochures and information about where to go and what to do during your stay.
- Getting Around: When you get to the islands, you can also get around with shuttles, mopeds, bikes, and car rentals.
San Juan Islands Events
History Lives Here
May 1, 2017 to May 31, 2017
April 17, 2017 to May 31, 2017, Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island•Friday Harbor
June 10, 2017 to September 3, 2017, Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island
- June 18, 2017, Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island•Friday Harbor