TOP 10 BEST ISLANDS
IN THE U.S.
Travel + Leisure 2016
TOP 5 ISLANDS
Plan Your Trip
Get Started Now!
Quick links to help you plan your perfect trip
Getting here is half the fun and there are so many easy options to choose from:
- Washington State Ferries: A leisurely ride on a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes gives you a taste of the archipelago's beauty, with a choice of stops at four islands—Lopez, Orcas, Shaw or San Juan. Make car reservations at www.takeaferry.com.
- As of Saturday, July 29th, the ferries will be running on their regular schedule. Reservations will be available Thursday, July 27th - visit www.takeaferry.com to make a reservation.
- You can also travel to the islands via seasonal passenger ferries, seaplanes and landplanes, airport shuttles or SeaTac car rentals.
- Visitor Information Centers: When you arrive in the islands, stop in at the Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Island Chambers of Commerce for maps, brochures and information about where to go and what to do during your stay.
- Getting Around: When you get to the islands, you can also get around with shuttles, mopeds, bikes, and car rentals and inter-island ferries.
San Juan Islands Events
Emergence: First Nation Legendary & Emerging Artists
- August 12, Lopez Island
September 22 to November 11, Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island•Friday Harbor