From SeaTac Airport / Shuttles
SeaTac Airport to the San Juans
Take a shuttle, plane, or car to your island getaway!
Once you've arrived at SeaTac, convenient choices await for launching your San Juan Islands vacation adventure. Transfer to a commuter flight and enjoy the 30-minute flight over Puget Sound or rent a car and drive to the Anacortes ferry landing in two and a half to three hours.
The Airporter Shuttle/Bellair Charters offers frequent round-trip service between SeaTac Airport, downtown Seattle, and the Anacortes ferry terminal, where you'll walk on your ferry to any of the four major islands. From SeaTac, the shuttle leaves from Door 00 next to baggage carousel #1. You'll need reservations. For group travel, you can also use one of the many charter bus companies listed below to make your way to Anacortes.
Friday Harbor Seaplanes also offers multiple daily scheduled flights between Seattle, Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor from South Lake Washington, just minutes from Sea-Tac Airport, downtown Seattle and downtown Bellevue. A 15-minute shuttle ride to and from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport makes for a quick connection
Driving directions to the Anacortes ferry terminal from Seattle:
- Take I-5 north
- Take Exit 230 to Burlington/Anacortes (or Exits 221 or 226 through scenic Skagit Valley)
- At the first light, turn left toward Anacortes onto Highway 20 west
- Follow Highway 20 west to Anacortes for about 16 miles
- Once you reach Anacortes merge right into the traffic circle and another right onto Commercial Ave.
- Take a left at 12th St, where signs point you to the San Juan Islands ferry, and follow for about 2 miles to the terminal
Allow a comfortable 1-1/2 to 2 hours to enjoy the drive and the scenery from Seattle, or Vancouver B.C., to the Anacortes ferry terminal.
Whichever you choose, relax and enjoy yourself, you will be here soon!