From SeaTac Airport
Once you've arrived at SeaTac, a cornucopia of convenient choices awaits for launching your San Juan Islands vacation adventure. Transfer to a commuter flight and enjoy the 30-minute flight over Puget Sound. Or, rent a car and be at the Anacortes ferry landing in a couple of hours.
The Airporter Shuttle/Bellair Charters offers frequent round-trip service between SeaTac Airport, downtown Seattle, and the Anacortes ferry terminal, where you'll walk on your ferry to any of the San Juan Islands. From SeaTac, the shuttle leave from Door 00 next to baggage carousel #1. You'll need reservations.
If you rent a car and drive, here is information about getting to the islands:
Directions to the Anacortes ferry terminal from Seattle
- Take I-5 north
- Take Exit 230 to Burlington/Anacortes (or Exits 221 or 226 through scenic Skagit Valley)
- At the first light, turn left toward Anacortes onto Highway 20 west
- Follow Highway 20 west to Anacortes for about 16 miles
- Once you reach Anacortes merge right into the traffic circle and another right onto Commercial Ave.
- Take a left at 12th St,, where signs point you to the San Juan Islands ferry, and follow for about 2 miles to the terminal
Allow a comfortable 1-1/2 to 2 hours to enjoy the drive and the scenery from Seattle, or Vancouver B.C., to the Anacortes ferry terminal.
Whichever you choose, relax and enjoy yourself, you will be here soon!