TOP 10 BEST ISLANDS
IN THE U.S.
Travel + Leisure 2016
TOP 5 ISLANDS
CONTINENTAL U.S. & CANADA
Plan Your Trip
Get Started Now!
Quick links to help you plan your perfect trip
Getting here is half the fun and there are so many easy options to choose from:
- Ferries: A leisurely ride on a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes gives you a taste of the archipelago's beauty, with a choice of stops at four islands—Lopez, Orcas, Shaw or San Juan. You can now make a reservation at www.takeaferry.com. Ferries will accommodate cars as well as walk-on passengers.
- Air Travel: Fly from Seattle or SeaTac International Airport on a Kenmore Air seaplane or wheeled-plane, or take a regional flight.
- Car Rental: Rent a car at SeaTac and drive to the Washington State Ferry terminal in Anacortes.
- Airport Shuttles: Take an Airporter Shuttle from SeaTac to the Washington State Ferry terminal in Anacortes.
- Victoria Clipper: Hop on the seasonal Victoria Clipper from Seattle's waterfront for a day or overnight trip to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island.
- Visitor Information Centers: When you arrive in the islands, stop in at the Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Island Chambers of Commerce for maps, brochures and information about where to go and what to do during your stay.
- Getting Around: When you get to the islands, you can also get around with shuttles, mopeds, bikes, and car rentals.
San Juan Islands Events
Savor the San Juans
September 22, 2016 to November 12, 2016
September 17, 2016 to November 28, 2016, San Juan Island
- October 15, 2016, Orcas Island
- November 12, 2016, Orcas Island