San Juan Island Farm Tour
$15 per adult, $5 per child 12 and under, children under 5 free.
The San Juan Island Farm Tour is a unique opportunity to visit farms on the island. Join us for the 2017 San Juan Farm Tour and discover the local bounty!
Here is the schedule:
Saturday, October 7:
Get your Tickets at Brickworks/Farmers Market -10:00 – 1:00
- Enjoy the market and purchase Farm Tour tickets and t-shirts.
10:00 – 2:00 Aurora Farms
- A 31-acre polyculture farm specializing in purebred Katahdin sheep, Boer goats, Berkshire pigs, heritage poultry, vegetables, flowers, and berries. Be prepared to squeeze a cute goat, pick and sample what we produce, taste fresh cider, enjoy a farm walk, and purchase food from the grill and farm store. Products available include lamb, goat, pork; chicken and duck; eggs; vegetables and fruits; cider; BBQ sliders; fresh salad, and quiche.
10:00 – 4:00 San Juan Vineyards
- Participate in the harvest of Siegerrebe grapes – or just enjoy the harvest! Tasting room is open for sampling and wine sales.
2:30 – 3:30 Farm Parade, Downtown Friday Harbor
- The parade will depart the fairgrounds onto Argyle to Spring Street, left on First Street, and to the Grange Hall for after-parade celebration!
4:00 – 5:00 Dedication and ribbon cutting for the new deck at the San Juan Island Grange
5:00 – 7:00 Community Farm Dinner – San Juan Island Grange
- Sample local farm meats and fall harvest produce. Donations welcome.
Sunday, October 8:
10:00 – 5:00 San Juan Vineyards (see description from Saturday schedule)
10:00 – 5:00 Aurora Farms (see description from Saturday schedule)
11:00 – 2:00 Heritage Farm
- Come and see Draft Horses at work. Also check out what Biochar and other amendments can do! Fresh Vegies and Eggs available for sale.
1:00 – 3:00 Wild Bird Bamboo Farm
- See different species of bamboo and learn ways to use and care for bamboo. Extensive vegetable garden, unique greenhouse heated by solar panels, and a Monet bridge over natural pond. Bamboo plants for sale.
2:00 – 4:00 Sweet Earth Farm
- Join us for cider pressing and a a farm tour with an emphasis on permaculture and climate change resiliency. Apples, produce, cider, sweet earth farm t-shirts and bags for sale.
Sponsored by the San Juan Islands Conservation District