Once again, Nancy Wang and Robert Kikuchi-Yngojo of Eth-Noh-Tec have invited nationally renown storytellers to Orcas Island to share their stories.
This is Eth-Noh-Tec’s 7th storytelling festival gifted to the peoples of Orcas Island with sponsorship from the Friends of the Orcas Library and private donors. With the added generosity of farmers, restaurants, pilots, Shearwater kayaking, Island Market, museums, neighbors, and the cooking skills of friends, Eth-Noh-Tec is able to produce the festival every other year. Wang is again teaching storytelling at the Senior Center and students.
The Orcas StoryFest schedule for 2017:
• Sunday, July 23: ‘Forest Welcome Potluck &Performance’ ~ For volunteers, donors, neighbors and special guests 5 p.m. at 491 Discovery Way forest in the Highlands;
• Monday, July 24: ‘Mirth of Mindanao’, stories and music of Mindanao, Philippines 8 p.m. at Oddfellows Hall 112 Haven Rd., Donation at door;
• Tuesday, July 25: ‘Pajama Tales’, family stories 6:30 p.m. at Orcas Library 500 Rose St. Come in pajamas! Free;
• Wednesday, July 26: ‘Wisdom &Wit’, 1:30 p.m. at Orcas Senior Center 62 Henry Rd., Free;
• Wednesday, July 26: ‘In the Spirit of Sacred Stories’, 8 pm at Oddfellows Hall 112 Haven Rd., Donation at door;
• Thursday, July 27: ‘World of Stories’, 8 p.m. at Emmanuel Parish Hall 218 Main St., Donation at door.
If anyone wants to volunteer or contribute in any way, call Robert at 360-376-8705 or write: [email protected].