Cattle Point Lighthouse
The Department of Natural Resource's Cattle Point Interpretive Area is just past the Cattle Point Lighthouse. Cattle appeared at the point in 1853, when the Hudson's Bay Company established a ranch on the southern end of the island. This lighthouse was built in 1935, but a navigational lantern has been on watch here since 1888. Look for deer, eagles and marine mammals such as seals and sea lions from the shelter, picnic area and beach below.