Outdoor Odysseys Kayak Tours
• A writer described the essence of sea kayaking perfectly when she said, "Kayaking is the closest you'll ever come to actually being a marine mammal."
• With 175-forested islands surrounded by crystal-green waters and snow-capped mountains, the San Juan Islands in the NW corner of Washington State are an idyllic sea-kayaking destination.
• The pristine waters of the San Juan Islands are home to over 85 resident orca whales. We launch most of our tours from the west side of San Juan Island, putting our guests in the heart of the “best orca whale habitat” on the West Coast.
• Our stable, unobtrusive kayaks provide “eye level” opportunities to observe these fascinating mammals - in addition to seeing Dall's porpoise, harbor seals and bald eagles.
• Other attractions include lighthouses, stunning views of the Olympic Mountains and amazing inter-tidal such as colorful orange and purple sea stars.
• Our naturalists/guides utilize Dutch oven cookery to make mouth-watering dishes such as smoked salmon pesto fettuccine and apple-cinnamon cobblers.
• We are celebrating our 26th year and in 2009 were selected by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as one of their "200 Best Outfitters.”
• Come paddle and explore the sunny San Juan Islands with us! We offer half, one, two, three & four-day camping trips as well as custom and private trips for groups of 6 or more!