TOP 10 BEST ISLANDS
IN THE U.S.
Travel + Leisure 2015
TOP 5 ISLANDS
CONTINENTAL U.S. & CANADA
Plan Your Trip
Get Started Now!
Quick links to help you plan your perfect trip
Getting here is half the fun and there are so many easy options to choose from:
- Ferries: A leisurely ride on a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes gives you a taste of the archipelago's beauty, with a choice of stops at four islands—Lopez, Orcas, Shaw or San Juan. You can now make a reservation at www.takeaferry.com. Ferries will accommodate cars as well as walk-on passengers.
- Air Travel: Fly from Seattle or SeaTac International Airport on a Kenmore Air seaplane or wheeled-plane, or take regional flight.
- Car Rental: Rent a car and come up on the Washington State Ferry.
- Shuttles: Take an Airporter Shuttle from SeaTac to Anacortes.
- Victoria Clipper: Hop on the seasonal Victoria Clipper from Seattle's waterfront, arriving at the ferry terminal.
- Visitor Information Centers: When you arrive in the islands, stop in at the Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Island Chambers of Commerce for maps, brochures and information about where to go and what to do during your stay.
- Getting Around: When you get to the islands, you can also get around with shuttles, mopeds, bikes, and car rentals.
San Juan Islands Events
Eastsound Fly-In & Antique Car Show
August 5, 2016 to August 7, 2016
April 23, 2016 to September 5, 2016, San Juan Island
July 29, 2016 to July 31, 2016, San Juan Island
July 6, 2016 to August 21, 2016, All San Juan Islands•Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island•Friday Harbor•Shaw Island
August 5, 2016 to August 7, 2016, Orcas Island
August 4, 2016 to August 20, 2016, Lopez Island•Orcas Island