TOP 10 BEST ISLANDS
IN THE U.S.
Travel + Leisure 2016
TOP 5 ISLANDS
CONTINENTAL U.S. & CANADA
Plan Your Trip
Get Started Now!
Quick links to help you plan your perfect trip
Getting here is half the fun and there are so many easy options to choose from:
- Ferries: A leisurely ride on a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes gives you a taste of the archipelago's beauty, with a choice of stops at four islands—Lopez, Orcas, Shaw or San Juan. You can now make a reservation at www.takeaferry.com. Ferries will accommodate cars as well as walk-on passengers.
- Air Travel: Fly from Seattle or SeaTac International Airport on a Kenmore Air seaplane or wheeled-plane, or take regional flight.
- Car Rental: Rent a car and come up on the Washington State Ferry.
- Shuttles: Take an Airporter Shuttle from SeaTac to Anacortes.
- Victoria Clipper: Hop on the seasonal Victoria Clipper from Seattle's waterfront, arriving at the ferry terminal.
- Visitor Information Centers: When you arrive in the islands, stop in at the Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Island Chambers of Commerce for maps, brochures and information about where to go and what to do during your stay.
- Getting Around: When you get to the islands, you can also get around with shuttles, mopeds, bikes, and car rentals.
San Juan Islands Events
"A River of Migration" Installation by Gu Xiong
August 6, 2016 to November 28, 2016
- August 28, 2016, San Juan Island
September 3, 2016 to September 4, 2016, Lopez Island
September 5, 2016 to September 7, 2016, Orcas Island
September 17, 2016 to November 28, 2016, San Juan Island
- September 17, 2016, San Juan Island
September 22, 2016 to November 12, 2016, Lopez Island•Orcas Island•San Juan Island•Friday Harbor